Saturday, August 27, 2011

iPads and Irene.

I love technology as much as the next guy, but at some point we have to take a serious look at ourselves and realize that we might be taking this thing a bit too far.

I recently saw the following story on Yahoo.com:

"Virginia-based Renee Armstrong desperately wanted to attend the wedding of friends Jonathan Alberico and Jamie Wilborn – she’d been asked to be a bridesmaid, after all. The problem was, her friends live in Denver, Colarado, [sic]some 1500 miles away, and the cost of getting there just proved to be too expensive in these economically tough times.

Bride Jamie told Cnet: “Unfortunately, the economy sucks. She just didn’t have the means to make it out to Denver. It was absolutely devastating when we found she couldn’t come.”

So, what to do? After having a think about it, Jamie hit upon the idea of using an
Jamie put the idea to Renee, who loved it. On the big day, the bridesmaid got ready as if she was going to be at the wedding in person, donning her best outfit for the occasion.

She was ‘carried around’ the proceedings by a groomsman, who took her down the aisle and ensured she had a perfect view of the vows. Hopefully the wedding guests knew what the groomsman was up to, otherwise they might’ve been thinking, “Why is that guy showing off his new iPad like that?”

In a conversation captured on video (see below), Renee tells Jamie, “I got all teary-eyed during the ceremony, and I couldn’t have got that from pictures.”
According to the Cnet report, the FaceTime plan nearly didn’t happen when a slightly sloshed groomsman accidentally dropped the tablet in the middle of the wedding rehearsal. Luckily, a replacement was obtained.

The short video below, shot by wedding guest Jamie Goswick, shows the happy couple exchanging vows, as well as a man walking around with an iPad showing bridesmaid Renee on the screen." [Story]

Quick, how many of you sisters reading this would allow your best friend to attend your wedding via iPad? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Now I am not trying to be mean or anythnig, but how long did girlfriend know that her friend was getting married? Virginia to Denver? Come on now, I am guessing she could have flown Southwest for a couple of hundred bucks round trip.

Somebody give that groomsman a high five for walking around with that ridiculous iPad throughout the wedding.

I am still waiting on Irene. I just ditched my patio furniture and it was already raining and windy outside. I just hope that PECO doesn't lose power in my area. I need my electricity. Over a million people in North Carolina are already out of luck.That's not a good look.

Let's see how FEMA does with this one. Who will be Obama's "Brownie"? Maybe he won't have one; it looks like he was ahead of the curve with this. But we will see. I know one thing, he better be glad that this is a natural disaster, because, if it wasn't, the wingut and FOX crowd would be finding a way to blame him for it. I bet that they will say that O will use my girl Irene as an excuse for the economy not rebounding as fast as it should. Wait, they already have. Never mind.

To all my friends in Irene's path, please be careful and stay safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment