Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Standard Ride And Getting On

I have been thinking about turning 45 next month. A lot of that thinking is about living in South Africa where 20-somethings I don't know sometimes call me "Uncle" and the men I call "Uncle" sometimes lecture me on the virtues of finding Mrs. Right and having children.

I don't feel 45. But then again, what should 45 feel and look like?

I thought that growing older would also mean growing up. But I don't think of myself as grown up, except I worry more now than I did when I was 35.

Perhaps I should stop writing here because it is kinda childish for a grown man, right? And what about my ongoing obsession with motorcycles?

Makes me worry.

I am so invested in buying a bike like the one pictured here. Same color too! It is an 08 Kawasaki Z1000 of the standard kind. I rode one this morning.

Just don't know right now if I will be hanging Northern Cape plates on it or Florida plates.

Yeah I said Florida. And no I am not thinking retirement. But I am thinking about leaving. Again.

And soon.

But not before I turn 45 here in the dust-bowl town by the hole.

Onward!

ps. I am going to hate writing this post in the morning. What will the "Uncles" say?

Makes me worry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment