Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jet Airways and Sunday Soul

I "imagine" layers of clouds and recurring thoughts of moments clear and uncertain;

Too brief and too cold;

And if I am right the window that keeps you inside is not the window you are looking through;

When land appears the sun will be just moments behind you;

And you will warm remembering the unfamiliar delight of being too cold and uncertain;

When the sun sets it will take away the familiar warm light but not the certainty;

To find your way back to meaning.



"Don't be afraid I can meet you half way
We cant always know where the road ends up
But with some luck, I know we can go
Wherever we imagine

Why should we wait, later on may be too late
Cause where can we run when you see there's half a chance
That we might really become
Whatever we imagine

And I imagine you and me
Just taking shots at what we see
And if we falter, take away the dust
And just outlast them all"

 (James Ingram)

Being a corny as hell old skool soul and R&B brutha (no not him) I like to recall lyrical meaning in every memory as it recurs/uncovers through the layers time.

"Take some rest," like you would say.  And ease your mind.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment