Friday, May 7, 2010

When love hurts.


No racism chasing for me tonight (although I could). Nope, tonight I want to talk about men who can't stand rejection.

The latest type of this individual comes from the University of Virginia. His name is George Huguely, and it seems that like OJ before him, he couldn't deal with hearing those two little words: it's over. And so now, like OJ (and yes, for all of you who are still in denial; OJ did kill Nicole), this lacrosse player-What is it with these lacrosse players?- has allegedly killed his former girlfriend.

Ahhh, some men and rejection. All I had to do was google" man kills ex girlfriend", and I came up with this and this and this and this and this and....well, you get the picture. All of those links are to not so famous cases. But every now and then we get an OJ or a case like the one going on down in Virginia ,which, sadly, brings the reality of this phenomenon home.

And fellows, let's be real with each other; at some point in our dating lives we have all been on the other side of the dumping, and it hurt. But we all moved on didn't we? And when we started dating the new girlfriend we wondered what all the fuss was about. Sadly, some dudes aren't wired that way. Whether it's ego, or some sick form of neurosis, breaking up is not only hard to do, but it could be fatal with one of these types of cats.

Ladies I wish I could tell you what to look for to help you spot the next OJ or George, but I have no idea. The guy might seem quite normal and charming, you decide to swing an episode or two with him, and when you decide to move on, he decides to go all male Glenn Close on you. Hey, I guess in a way it's a crap shoot. So my best advise to you ladies is to let him down easy. And if it seems like he is still not taking it too well watch your back. Just remember, you can't be too careful.

The links I gave you were to cases that ended in the most tragic ways imaginable. Unfortunately there are thousands of cases every day ( I know, I see some of them) that are more than likely going to end up that way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment