Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Rant: Lazy Ex President, Ignorant Talking Heads, and "Colored Girls".


Happy Friday to all of you field hands! I hope massa gave you a break from all that plantation work you have been putting in all week.

Anywhooo, I have some thoughts:

First, I see that some things never change. My man "W" is as lazy now as he was when he was president. Seems he lifted a ton of stuff for his new book. BTW, is it just me, or were you all as offended by him saying that the Kanye West rant was the lowest and most disgusting moment of his presidency? Ahhm, excuse me; what about the war in Iraq and all the poor souls (Americans and Iraqis) who lost their lives because of it? Don't even get me started again on this guy. I am trying hard to forget him.

Then there are those wonderful news Anchors over at Radio Rwanda. Go ahead and make fun of someone who has a heart attack on the air. Nice. Stay classy wingnuts. It's getting harder to differentiate between the Radio Rwanda news folks and these guys. Actually, I think The Onion is more credible. (Their stuff on Biden was classic.)

Also, I see that Glen Beckkk is f&^%$#g with another group of people. ---Slowly but surely, other groups of people are starting to find out how us black folks feel when this clown channels his inner klansman. Let's see how he survives this latest dust up.

Finally, there has been a lot of discussion about the latest Tyler Perry flick, "For Colored Girls". I never saw the play, and I am not a big TP fan, but I know that the day is coming when I will have to watch this bad boy. (Don't ask.) I can't give my honest opinion as yet, because I haven't seen it. But I do want to hear yours. (Especially the sisters out there.) Folks have weighed in with various opinions, so obviously the theme of the movie struck a nerve with us black folks.

It's all good as far as I am concerned. Sometimes us black folks just need to talk.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment