Thursday, July 1, 2010

A diss, the "N" word, and folks behaving badly.


Mrs. Field and I were at a very high end store in the King Of Prussia Mall once, and the clerk in the store (one of my cousins) told us a very interesting story: Seems that some folks would come in and use their welfare debit cards to buy certain items. (handbags) And before you say; "field, either you or the clerk is lying, they can only buy food with those cards." Think again. At first that's what I thought as well, but here in Pistolvania, that is not necessarily the case.

Now I mention that story because of what has apparently been happening out in Cali. Seems that folks out there have been using their welfare debit cards to gamble. Yep, gamble. Now I am not like one of those evil conservatives who do not believe that folks deserve a helping hand. I do. And when folks hit hard times the government should be there to give them a helping hand. Just like it does when certain big banks and corporations need bailouts. But gambling? Oh lawd help us!

And speaking of help: folks, what kind of sick individual does this? (h/t Gwell) Hey, I am just putting it out there, because I honestly cannot comment on it tonight.

Finally, I do want to comment on the little dust up between Aaron McGruder and Tyler Perry. First, a disclaimer: I met McGruder, and I liked him. And, I am a fan of his work. I never met Perry, and although I don't have a problem with him like some folks, I am no big fan of his work.

Having said that; I am not sure if it was cool for McGruder to diss Perry the way that he did. (Although I am not sure if the motives that some folks are ascribing to the diss is true.) There are plenty of folks that he could be dissing besides his partner in corporate crime. And, as for Perry; he needs to lighten up (no pun intended) just a little. When you are large like that people are going to take shots at you, it comes with the turf. And when you think it's getting too hard for you to deal with, just start counting your money; I promise you that you will feel a little better when you are through. (h/t Jason)

I know I said finally up above, but I have one more thing to say: Once again a famous person has been exposed for using a word in private that they would never dare say in public or around decent company. (Unless, of course, they were posting on this blog) That's alright, Mel. So you used the N word. Hey, you didn't use it around a black person, so at least you know the rules.

(h/t Sharon)

Now I am out.





No comments:

Post a Comment