Monday, July 12, 2010

This "resolution" should not be televised.


There are a plethora of things that I could be blogging about tonight. I could start with half of Rev. Inc. calling out the Cav's owner.

“He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers,” Jackson said in a release from his Chicago-based civil-rights group. “His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship—between business partners—and LeBron honored his contract.”

Well....I don't know Jessie; while I do agree that it's very possible that Gilbert has massa issues, I am thinking that he is just a pissed off owner who got mad because he saw his prized possession leaving and he stands to lose millions of dollars. Wait....

“I strongly disagree with Rev. Jesse Jackson’s recent comments and we are not going to engage in any related discussion on it,” Gilbert said. “Going forward, we’re very excited about the Cavaliers and the positive future of our region.”

Dan, please, just quit while you are ahead. [Article]

Then, of course, there is the NAACP calling for the fashioning of a resolution which declares that the teabaggers are racist. Duhhhh! Why don't they just declare that there is gambling in Las Vegas while they are at it?

"A spokesman for the nationwide Tea Party Express did not return a request for comment.

Yes, he is still preparing a statement that he hopes that folks will not find racially offensive.

And speaking of race...nah, I think I will leave this one alone. No racism chasing for me tonight. I am tired of chasing that SOB. Besides, I don't have my racism track shoes on; they are a special fit.

I do want to talk about a recent college graduate from the great state of New York. At a time when unemployment is pushing ten percent, and A-merry-cans find themselves in a recession, Scott Nicholson, a recent Colgate graduate, has decided that a $40,000.00 a year job-to start- is not good enough for him.

"Over the last five months, only one job materialized. After several interviews, the Hanover Insurance Group in nearby Worcester offered to hire him as an associate claims adjuster, at $40,000 a year. But even before the formal offer, Mr. Nicholson had decided not to take the job. Rather than waste early years in dead-end work, he reasoned, he would hold out for a corporate position that would draw on his college training and put him, as he sees it, on the bottom rungs of a career ladder. “The conversation I’m going to have with my parents now that I’ve turned down this job is more of a concern to me than turning down the job,” he said."

Welcome to A-merry-ca. I just hope that Scott doesn't live at home with his parents. Because, if he does, it speaks more poorly of them than it does him. And, believe me, that takes some doing.

Finally, I see that Rush Limbaugh is leaving the east coast and is selling his digs in New York. Hmmm, I thought it smelled a lot nicer outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment