Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hopefully it's finally over and other "newsy" stuff.


Oh my, so much news so little time. Where do I begin? Let me start with a shout to my sisters over at Essence for quoting the field and giving a brother some shine. To the haters who questioned my loyalty to my sisters because I ripped that slave catcher last night, *that's my middle finger you are seeing* get over it.

Since he is the HNIC, I am going to start with my Prez. Loved the speech on Iraq O man, and I am glad that nightmare of a war in Iraq is finally winding down. It never should have started in the first place. I mean honestly; what exactly did we "accomplish"? Did folks ever stop to think that all the sectarian violence that took (and continues to) take place have probably (and will) cost more lives than if the evil one was still in power? Of course you didn't. It felt too good to kick some insurgent butt after what happened to us that fall day. Still, his O ness showed some class, he gave W a shout out and called for folks on different sides of the issue to come together. Of course it took the wingnuts exactly three minutes after his speech to rip him a new one over at Radio Rwanda. Unity my ass.

And now, as it turns out, the white MLK was the inspiration for this lovely fellow. Nice.

"Rich, like myself, loved Glenn Beck," Perkovic told me, and in the early months of 2009 the issues that animated Poplawski were increasingly the ones that Beck was talking about he launched his show that January on the Fox News Channel. (The FNC host later confessed: "When we were starting the TV show there are things that I did that I wouldn’t do now because I had to be more of an entertainer.”)

Most famously, Poplawski embraced discussions by Beck in March 2009 about the possibility of FEMA concentration camps -- and the future accused cop-killer even posted a video online of Beck discussing FEMA with U.S. Rep. Ron Paul. But Poplawski also increasingly talked to friends and family members about the possible collapse of the U.S. monetary system and the need to stockpile food and even toilet paper for a possible socital collapse -- also ideas featured on Beck's program and on more fringe right-wing media.

Later in an affadavit, Poplawski's mother claimed that her son "only liked police when they were not curtailing his constitutional rights, which he was determined to protect."

Glenn, in the future, when you are dreaming up those schemes, just remember some of the folks who are dreaming with you.

Moving right along. Some people are too cruel for words, and some people are too dumb.
Humans are getting closer to animals every day. The world is becoming a dangerous place. It doesn't take much to send folks over the deep end.

Take this next story, for instance. Some dude Rodney "Kinged" some guy with wiffle ball bat because he wouldn't put his pants on. Seems my man's girl was coming over and the victim was being disrespectful. Now my first thought after hearing this story was this: How can someone catch a beat down with a wiffle ball bat? Are you serious? Dude, maybe you deserved that beat down. Next time put your damn pants on.

And, finally, because of my profession, I have to end with this story. Can someone say lawsuit?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment