Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another one!


I was going to trash Michele Bachmann tonight for her spurious take on history. But while reading my local paper something else caught my eye that moved me.

You have to understand that I am not one that is easily moved by murder and mayhem. I practice criminal law in Philly. Murder and mayhem is a part of my life. But every now and then a story leaves me thinking that it's time to pack it up and head for the hills.

"All police knew about the murdered teen whose body was dumped in Germantown a week ago today was written on his shirt: Roxborough High School.

With no identification on him, police went to the school the next morning and pored over the absentee list, looking for a missing student who matched the description of their victim, sources said.

Meanwhile, Patsy Foster had spent the night calling her son, Christopher, then all morning calling hospitals after he didn't return from a quick trip to a sandwich shop with a friend.

"I was getting ready to call police Thursday when they knocked on the door and said they found him," she said. "I said, 'Is he OK?' He wasn't."

Christopher Foster, 18, was found with a single gunshot wound to his torso on Woodlawn Street near Morris at 8:16 p.m. Jan. 19, said Homicide Sgt. Ron McClane. Patsy Foster said her son was also beaten around the head and face. "
[More]

The racist will follow this post with their usual pontification and dogmatizing about how bad those black teens are, and how Christopher Foster had it coming to him because he was probably caught up in the life. But, just for tonight, I will forgive them. Why? Because I know that it's just a matter of time before A-merry-ca starts closing in around them. The life that they think they have -far from those animals in the urban underbelly of A-merry-ca- is nothing but an illusion. Those heartless and depraved folks among us are around the corner from them as well. It's just a matter of time before someone who they know or love becomes just another Patsy Foster.

No comments:

Post a Comment