Thursday, January 20, 2011

John and Rick deserve each other.


You have got to love wingnut politicians. I will start with my man John Kasich, the governor of the Buckeye state. (h/t to Keith Olbermann for turning me on to this story)

It seems that my man has him a very white and very male (as in zero blacks and four females-- out of 20 people) cabinet as he takes over that wonderful diverse Midwestern state. Apparently it is the first white out since 1962. Oh my!

Anywhoo, no harm no foul, it is, after all, his cabinet. He can choose who he wants to work for him. He says he is unfazed and he doesn't see color. He only wants the best people for the job.

The new governor claims to be unfazed by this. He says he did not intend to appoint an all-white group -- and there is absolutely nothing in his background to suggest otherwise. Kasich tells Plain Dealer Columbus Bureau Chief Reginald Fields that he simply set out to find "the best possible team I can get, and hopefully we will be in a position that we are fully diverse as we go forward."

Given Ohio's many problems, Kasich says, it was far more important to make the right hires out of the gate than "to find somebody to fit this metric." [Source]

Ok Gov. fair point. (And look, I am not even going to rip you for mixing up St. Patty's day and MLK Day. They are only a couple of months apart, and King might even be an Irish name. Who knows? Anybody can make a mistake.) But why did you slip a couple of black folks in for the photo op. of your swearing in? If you are color blind you are color blind. Why throw in some pepper with the salt for appearances only?

Gov. if what Olbermann is alleging is true, it smashed whatever little credibility you had on the race front. Not that you cared. But hey, I just thought you should know. I sure hope my cousins in Ohio are taking note.

Finally, you have got to love Rick (I belong in a ) Sanitarium. My man is running for President so he is stepping up the attacks on his O ness.

"The question is -- and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer -- is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person -- human life is not a person, then -- I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'we're going to decide who are people and who are not people." [Source]

HUH? Rick, I am guessing that Barack Obama is praying that you win the republi-clown primary and run against him in 2012.

Before I forget, shout out to the MMTC folks for putting on a wonderful conference here in DC. I had to mingle with half of Rev. Inc. earlier, and there are just too many lawyers in the house for my taste. But, other than that, it's a first class event. I just wish I knew all the technical stuff that everybody is throwing around. But hey, it will come to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment