Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I believe we can be better,"


I know Sarah is glad that her children are no longer babies. Now the poor woman won't have to worry about the Jews getting their blood.

"Palin aide Rebecca Mansour said the former Alaska governor stands by her video.

"There has been an incredible increase in death threats against Gov. Palin since the tragedy in Arizona, since she's been accused of having the blood of those victims on her hands," Mansour said. "When you start to accuse people of having the blood of innocent people on their hands, it incites violence."


Yes, let's all feel sorry for Sarah. She is, after all, the real victim in all of this.

Anyway, let me stop, I just saw the O man's speech and my spirits have been lifted. He called for all of us to be nicer to each other and to elevate the discourse here in A-merry-ca. I feel that the least I could do is tone down the finger pointing and rhetoric for one night.

"But at a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized - at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do - it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds. "

I feel you O. Now let's see how the wingnuts react to your speech. I have a feeling that our little detente won't last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment