Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the best actor award goes to Scott Walker.


It's Oscar night. Yawn. Mrs. Field is in another other room watching the Oscars right now, but I could care less. I think that of all the movies nominated for best picture I might have seen one: The Social Network. BTW, shout out to my homie, M. Knight, for winning a Razzie for the worst film of the year. WTF happened to you? Ever since The Sixth Sense it's been all down hill. (I see bad movies.)

I know that a lot of you Negroes are lamenting over the lack of people of color in this year's parade of nominees, but you will have to get over it. I agree with Anthony Mackie; you Negroes in Hollywood are too damn lazy. You need to start making and producing your own movies. Stop sitting around and hoping and praying that major studios will green light a deal for you. Make your own. There has to be more than Tyler Perry and Oprah out there. Jesse and Al care about black actors in "Hollweird", I don't.

Finally, if I was wearing a hat right now I would tip it to those protesters in Wisconsin. I must admit that I didn't think that they would hang in this long, but they have. I am sure that the wingnuts were hoping that it would be over by now. And you can sense their frustration mounting as their man in Madison makes some PR missteps. They have even attempted to make it racial. Yes, in the Twilight Zone of wingnut politics, it's black wingnuts who are subjected to racism from left wing liberals. But any confrontation to fire up the base is good. Blame the unions for putting us into this mess when Stevie Wonder can see that it's not the evil union's fault.

Since it's Oscar night I will stick with the theme and say that the phony governor should get a best actor award for his job of hoodwinking people into believing that his union busting tactics is about balancing his state's budget. If it really was about balancing the budget, he would forget about trying to end the right to collectively bargain by state union employees and accept all the financial concessions that the unions have given. But he will not. He is the main actor in this play and he is enjoying being on stage.

"Work it girl! Field come look at Jennifer Hudson's gown....."

I give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment