Monday, February 7, 2011

Arianna goes black and Desmond's fear of an aging quarterback.


Nancy Grace and company won't do it, so I am going to start this post by making you all aware of little Octavius Powell, the 11 year old who has been missing from his Miami (Florida) home since last Friday. He was last seen wearing a red polo shirt and khaki pants. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this little guy will be found, and that he will return to his family as healthy as he was when he left. (h/t to Pamela for hipping me to this story)

Inside baseball time: I hear that HuffPo is planning to have a black section for us Negroes. (It's called "Global Black" but I am guessing it will be primarily for Negroes in A-merry-ca.) Nothing attracts more ad. revenue like your very own Negro section. Gotta have a place for those Chrysler 300 and McDonald's commercials. HuffPo will join NBC (The Grio), The Washington Post (The Root), AOL (BlackVoices) on the corporate black bandwagon. Good luck with that Arianna, but you should have checked with me before you picked your partner.

"But I really wanted to bring the real news, the story telling-to really bring back the voice of the black community on some relevant news and views."

You mean kind of like you did with BET?!

Anyway, some folks are already jumping ship. Maybe Arianna should have checked with a lot more folks.

Sticking with the media, I am going to have to rip my man Desmond Howard a little bit. Yo Desmond, what's up with you letting Phil Simms threaten you and then tweeting about it like a big baby to your fans? "Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worst QB's in the SEC" . First of all, Phil, your son does suck! So you might want to get over it. And, as someone said recently, you are in the business of criticizing other people's sons every damn Sunday, so your kid is fair game. BTW, since we are on the subject: your other son sucks , too. Still, this doesn't excuse Desmond Howard's wimpy behavior. He should have told you what I just wrote and let the chips fall where they may.

Finally, I thought I had seen it all from you Negroes, but this one takes the cake. I swear, some of you Negroes need Jesus.

I'm out.











No comments:

Post a Comment