Thursday, February 10, 2011

Black History Month.


I wanted to blog about Black History Month so I went looking over at HuffPo (since they are reserving a section for us black folks now) and found this. Needles to say I was disappointed. More liberal guilt from a white woman named Helen Davey, ( that's not Helen in the picture) who just read "The Help" ,and as is to be expected with these sort of things; it brought back all types of childhood memories for the poor woman:

"My first best friend was Elisabeth Darity. I have an old, black and white photograph of the two of us, dated September 1943, when I was six months old. Nestled in Elisabeth's lap, I'm resting my tiny white hand on her large and comforting black one. My memories of Elisabeth begin when my older brother and sister went to school, and I felt left behind and lonely. Elisabeth was chosen to look after me, and I had no idea that I was her job -- I thought she was my friend who came to play. She was the first person who listened to me and took what I said seriously. My brother and sister, being older, would laugh at me, run away from me and call me a "crybaby." Elisabeth empowered me by pointing out that my siblings actually needed me as a third person to play most games. If they ran away from me, then I wouldn't play with them anymore. It worked! "

No Helen, Elisabeth didn't come to play. She came to work. Taking care of you was how she fed her family.

Anyway, I changed my mind about the Black History Month post. Every day is black history for me. I don't need a month that was set aside for me to reinforce A-merry-can exceptionalism. "See how we love you black folks? We even gave you your own month".

Let me start with Governor Kripy Kreme and go down from there. My man was in my city today to get an award from the very Blue Blooded Union League. The award is called....wait for it....."The Lincoln Award". Yes, the same Lincoln who freed the slaves. Maybe freeing people from their money and their jobs is the Republican version of Lincoln type values these days. That is certainly what the good Gov. has been doing in Jersey.

And speaking of the party of Lincoln; it looks like the GOP infighting has started already. Seems that former Senator Rick I should be in a Sanitarium called out Sarah:

"I have a feeling that she has some demands on her time, and a lot of them have financial benefit attached to them,"

Are you saying that it's all about the money with Sarah, Rick? Well she has a little something for you:

“I think the reports were much worse than what he really said. I think some things were really taken out of context. So I will not call him the knuckle dragging neanderthal that perhaps others would want to call him. I’ll let his wife call him that instead.”

Ouch! A "knuckle dragging neanderthal"? Now now Sarah, is that anyway for one future presidential candidate to talk about another?

O man, if they are treating each other with such contempt and derision, I shudder to think what's in store for you.

Finally, if this Negro isn't the slave catcher of the year I don't know who is. You would think that with all the problems his flock might have to deal with this pastor would find other things to occupy his time than to save white men.

Come on Rev. I am sure that the white men of A-merry-ca appreciate the effort. But take my word for it when I tell you that they will be just fine.






No comments:

Post a Comment