Wednesday, February 9, 2011

See what you started Bishop Eddie?


Like I wasn't going to blog about this story.

Seems that yet another republi-clown (Family.God. Country) hypocrite has been caught with his pants down. --Well, in this case, it's trying to make his pants go down.

"Rep. Christopher Lee , a New York Republican, has resigned after reports surfaced that the married congressman was trying to meet women on Craigslist, a GOP source told CNN.

Lee acknowledged making "profound mistakes" and said his decision to step down was voluntary.

"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness," he said in a statement.

"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately." [Source]


Blah blah blah. Yes, but you caused the "distraction". Don't try to make it seems like your little attempted Craigslist rendezvous was someone else's fault. You are in this one all by yourself congressman.

Still, I am not going to kill Lee like I would some of the other hypocrites in his party. He is not the worst of that loony lot.

"Lee apparently responded to the ad claiming to be a divorced, 39-year-old lobbyist who described himself as a "fit fun classy guy." He sent the woman a two photographs of himself, including one in which he is shirtless and flexing. When the woman discovered that Lee is actually married, 46 years old and a member of Congress, she sent the correspondence and pictures to Gawker.

Lee's office deflected media inquiries all day until his resignation statement was released, and Lee would only tell Fox News while walking to his car Wednesday afternoon that "I have to work this out with my wife." Gawker reported that his office first claimed in response to their questions that Lee's email had been hacked, and that Lee deleted his Facebook account following the site's initial inquiry. "

Oh my! Now now Congressman, you can't go lying to a sincere Craigslist inquiry. Especially if she is a sister. Don't ask how I know. I have people. (Shout out to Rippa)

Anyway, all is well that ends well. The congressman did the right thing by all involved and resigned. Let's hope that this is the end of it...

Finally, after seeing this poll, I am happy to announce that there still might be hope for the A-merry-can people. (h/t Greg) I wonder what else the A-merry-can people want that we have been led to believe- in this right leaning media world- that they don't? Tax hikes for rich folks?
Supporting environmental protections? Not cutting social security?
Wow! A-merry-ca is looking better and better every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment