Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some thoughts on the Super Bowl and the Big R.


*
Congrats to the Packers! I knew you were for real when you beat my Birds here at the Linc.

Sorry "Steeler Nation", maybe next year. (Meanwhile, somewhere in Georgia, a young lady is saying "Karma is a mother &^%$#@")
Is it just me or did all the commercials pretty much suck this year? (What is with A-merry-ca's fascination with the ABW?) I liked the Audi spot, and the VW spot where the little boy was dressed up as Darth Vader, but that was pretty much it. (OK, Doritos where grandpa comes back from the dead and the home improvement Bud spot both get honorable mention.)

Anyway, I won't be racism chasing tonight, although I could. (WTF is wrong with the po po in Houston? No wonder city officials tried to sit on this video tape for damn near a year.) Rather, I would like to praise a small town newspaper (in Louisiana no less) for doing some racism chasing of their own.

Frank Morris was murdered by the Klan in 1964, and his killing is just one of 100 unsolved civil rights cases that the FBI reopened recently. Good for Stanley Nelson of the Concordia Sentinel for staying on this case for four years. He has now fingered someone in the crime, but 71 year old Arthur Spencer says that he is innocent.

"I feel sorry for his family, but I didn't have nothing to do with it"

Maybe not Arthur, but somebody did it, and if he (or she) is still alive they should be brought to justice.

Finally, there are some things racially related that I won't be chasing tonight, because I really do believe that the Big R is using them as decoys. Confederate art work at a Georgia college? Nope, move along, nothing to see here. The Big R is trying to distract us. The Chinese using a black man (who, supposedly, resembles the President) to sell chicken? Closer, but still, no cigars. Sorry, it's no secret that you Negroes love your fried chicken and there is nothing wrong with that. If you wanted to sell Rose Brand Gourmet Chinese Egg Noodles, I don't think anyone would take issue if you used a Chinese for the ad. I am just saying. You Negroes need to stop being so sensitive.


I'm out.


*Pic taken from NewsOne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment