Monday, October 11, 2010

Chase worthy?


When you have a reputation for being fast on the racism chase folks tend to send you all kinds of stuff that they think is chase worthy. Unfortunately, more often than not, I have to keep my Air R's on the shelf because I can't get distracted by the little things. My man racism likes to send out all types of diversions, and I can't sweat the small stuff; especially when most of it is just par for the racism course here in A-merry-ca.

But every now and then someone sends me something that gets my attention. Like the latest story I got from a faithful field hand in Louisville, Kentucky. Seems there was a shooting of a popular athlete and the case had a hint of "Southern justice" to it.

Well me being me, I pulled down my Air R's and did some looking into it. What I found was the story being covered by the main stream media as just the tragic shooting of a former athlete, but not the racial angle my reader talked about in their correspondence to me. Finally, I went to one of my favorite web sites, and there it was, the racial angle.

Now I have to tell you, we had a similar case here in Philly awhile back, but the shooter was a minority and the victim was white. And, as fate would have it, the shooter was promptly charged with attempted murder. Promptly.

Anyway, please read both stories and tell me what you think. Maybe you think that my Air R's should remain on the shelf. But, then again, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment