Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm NOT lovin it!


Brothers, have any of you ever had to go to the "head" while traveling down the highway? You then pull up to an establishment, buy some gas, (even though you don't need any) then ask to use the facilities; only to be told that it's broken? Don't front like it's just me. I bet it's happened to damn near all of you at some point. In fact, I am sure it's happened to some of you ladies as well. (Sorry, I can't speak for white folks.) I once had to go so bad that I told the dude behind the counter playing "head"- guard that I would piss on the floor if he didn't give me the key. He did, and, guess what? The toilet worked.

Anywhooo, I gave you this little vignette because a couple of brothers up in Zoo Yawk are accusing Micky D's of playing bathroom guard with a racial angle:

"Can I get a Big Mac and the key to the bathroom?

That's what three black men are claiming happened to them when they asked to use a bathroom at a McDonald's in the Kips Bay neighborhood of Manhattan.

Christopher White, Abdul Rasuul, and Leroy Johnson allege that they were told they had to buy food when they asked to use the restroom at a Third Avenue McDonald's.

Meanwhile, they claim, a white woman who did not buy anything was allowed to use the restroom. The men say they suffered "shock, pain, emotional, psychiatric, psychological and mental injuries" as a result of the alleged race-based slight.

McDonald's declined to comment saying it hadn't seen the suit.." (Link)

Hold up! Come on now; not Micky D's? All those commercials they have on BET, and ads in Essence and Ebony? Naaahh. And not in New York. I mean I experienced these little inconveniences while traveling down South. I didn't expect brothers to experience bathroomism in New York.

Oh well, I guess you Negroes are just going to have to tinkle before you leave home.

Or, take heart, there is always Burger King.


No comments:

Post a Comment