Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Smokin Joe"


“I challenge the Chamber of Commerce to tell us how much of the money they’re investing is from foreign sources,” he said. “I challenge them. If I’m wrong, I will stand corrected. But show me, show me. Folks, they’re trying to buy this election to go back to exactly what they did before. Watch what happens in the next two and a half weeks, what happens here, because Chris is in a tight race and moving ahead.”

That was Joe Biden, the Vice President of these divided states, and the only dumbocrat in A-merry-can politics that seems to have some (rhymes will malls) these days.

"Zero. As in, 'Not a single cent,'" wrote Tom Collamore, senior vice president of Communications and Strategy from the Chamber of Commerce in an e-mail with "And the Answer Is ..." as its subject line..."We accept the vice president's challenge here and now, and are happy to provide our answer," Collamore added, in response to Biden's harsh indictments of the Chamber rendered at a fundraiser earlier Monday in his hometown of Scranton, Pa."

My answer to Mr. Collamore would be this: Prove it!

You see, I could write a post about swinging an ep. with Lark Voorhies back in the day but that wouldn't necessarily make it true. Some pictures of Lark and I together would have to go along with that post, as well as some witnesses who actually saw us together. Me saying it's so doesn't make it so. And Mr. Collamore saying that the Chamber and their republican friends didn't solicit foreign money to fund their right wing agenda doesn't cut it. Mr. Collamore, like Karl Rove has a disturbingly vulpine air about him that says shower after meeting.

But I want to be fair. So I am waiting to see if the Chamber and Karl Rove gives me something more concrete. Something like this. Because the folks making the claim has given me a little more than just denials. The ball is in the Chamber's court now.







No comments:

Post a Comment