Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Why are you a Christian?"


Folks are buzzing about a poll out showing that atheist and agnostics actually know more about religion than church going folks. Frankly, I am not surprised. If, for instance, the folks who worship at the foot of Creflo and Bishop Eddie are examples of religious people, it actually all makes sense.

"Why did atheists do so well? The study concluded that those who reject faith often do so after growing up in a religious household, and studying and deliberating keeping the faith. Also, atheists and agnostics tend to be better educated in general. Why did Christians do so poorly? It may be because once someone accepts a faith, they stop examining it."

You religious folks would do well to learn Second Timothy, 2:15. I am just sayin.

"Why are you a Christian?" That's what some clown asked his O ness today at a campaign stop in New Mexico. O should have told the woman that it's none of her damn business, but we all know that as the President of these divided states he couldn't do that. Not when it's a question about religion. Not in A-merry-ca. If it's one thing we love it's our religion. And we want our leader to be god fearing just like us. (I am sorry if all this passion about religion makes me a little nervous. But I just saw a grainy video of the Taliban stoning a woman to death for being caught out on a date with a man.)

"It was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead -- being my brother's and sister's keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he said. ..And I think also understanding that, you know, that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings -- that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we ... achieve salvation through the grace of God." ..My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life.."

Yes, just in time to run for President. Oh well, at least we know that you are not a Muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment