Monday, September 6, 2010

The Godless President.


A good friend of mine from back in the day sent me an e-mail about a religious organization she belonged to, and she wanted to know if I had ever heard of them. I hadn't, but knowing the type of person she is I figured that they couldn't be all bad. I checked out the link, and even though I am sure that I am not on the same page with them, I am not going to knock them for what they do or their beliefs. This is, after all, A-merry-ca.

Which leads me to my girl Ann Coulter and the latest right wing witch hunt of his O ness.
Seems Ann now believes that his O ness is an atheist, and she had no problem saying so for all the world to hear. Just like Beckkk with the O is a racist charge, Ann is now adding godlessness to the mix.

I guess she is hoping to spike up the narrative a notch. Take it to the next level. It's not enough to make him a hated Muslim anymore, to really turn A-merry-cans against him he has to be someone who doesn't belive in a supreme being at all. That will fire up the base. That is just un-A-merry-can. All the time forgetting, of course, that if he was an atheist he would probably be closer to how the Founding Fathers view this whole religion thing than they are.

I think there is a verse in the good book of Matthew that says "Ye shall know them by their fruits." I have to be honest with you Ann; his O ness, just to my untrained eye, seems a lot more godly that you do. You may never like his policies, and I might not like some of them, but he doesn't strike me as a man who lives his life in a way that we should all shy away from. In fact, it's quite the contrary; he seems to have a happy well adjusted family, and he is all things good and decent. Which is more that I can say for you and your "God" loving friends.

"The nonsense about President Obama being a Muslim has got to stop," Coulter wrote on the conservative website TownHall.com. "I rise to defend him from this absurd accusation by pointing out that he is obviously an atheist."

Tongue planted in those very long cheeks, maybe? I doubt it. There is a message in there somewhere, and I think we all know what it is and who it was meant for.

No comments:

Post a Comment