Saturday, September 18, 2010

Power should benefit the people, not you.


“It ain’t about Nancy. It’s about black people..” No Maxine, it's about you.

Now I don't know if Maxine Waters violated ethics rules or not. I am concerned that she did, but until I hear more I will reserve judgement. What I don't like is that her aids crashed a political event with campaign signs and brought more attention to her pending dilemma.

"Three staffers working for embattled Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) were asked by security officers to leave an event in downtown Washington on Thursday after they tried to display large campaign signs just as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was about to speak.

The aides were holding lawn signs that defended Waters from the ethics charges she is facing in the House. "


Some things, in my opinion, should be handled away from the spotlight. Maxine, if and when you are vindicated, may I suggest that you choose that time to bring attention to yourself?

“Let’s fight for Maxine Waters,” read a headline on the signs above a large picture of the congresswoman. Smaller headings read: “No improper action. No benefit. No failure to disclose. No one influenced. No case!”

No, let's fight for the people she represents. Not her. If she did wrong she doesn't deserve fighting for. If she didn't, well....this is A-merry-ca. [Article]

No comments:

Post a Comment