Friday, December 31, 2010

2011!


I wonder where we are headed and what we will be talking about a year from now? I am sure that the 2012 presidential elections will be in full effect; wingnuts will be screaming more foolishness from their high profile perch over at Radio Rwanda; there will still be a war raging in some remote corner of the world; there will still be a war right here at home, where 300 plus people will, once again, lose their lives violently in my hometown of Killadelphia.

Still, I know what we won't be talking about: (By we I mean the folks here in A-merry-ca.) Poverty. Corruption. Education.Crime. Race. Social justice.....You get the idea; we won't be talking about anything that makes us uncomfortable. We don't want to feel uncomfortable while we pursue happiness here in A-merry-ca.

Anyway, we talked about a lot in 2010. And, for the most part, I enjoyed the conversation. At least the conversation we had here. We talked about a lot of the things that makes A-merry-ca uncomfortable, which is why this blog will always be, for the most part, on the outside looking in.

But we will keep having that conversation in 2011, because I want to talk; and judging from the comments and the folks who come to the fields on a daily basis, so do you.

So please keep talking to me and letting me know what you think. I promise that you will always know what I think no matter what.

Here is hoping that 2011 will be filled with happiness for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment