Friday, December 3, 2010

Frosty the klansman.


Why are folks bugging out over Frosty the Klansman? Isn't he on private property? I know, I know, it's not exactly in keeping with the Christmas spirit in this wonderful nation of ours, but hey, to each his own. Leave Mark Eliseuson alone. He is just trying to get into the Christmas spirit. (Is that a noose in Frosty's hands? Man that Frosty is some character.)

Actually, if you think about it, a snowman is a perfect metaphor for a klansman: It's very white, it's pudgy looking, and it will melt when the heat is on. Perfect.

Of course, as is usually the case here in A-merry-ca; my man says that he is not a racist.

"The reaction: Eliseuson has the gall to say this isn't racist, says Elon James White at ThisWeekInBlackness.com. Who is he kidding? He even added a noose "just in case you weren't exactly sure what he was going for," or thought the snowman was wearing a "weird, mis-shaped pope hat." As a native Idahoan, says Cienna Madrid at The Stranger, I am ashamed that my state is "mostly known nationally for its potatoes, terrible congressmen, and now, giant racist snowmen." Idaho is getting a bad rep, but "it's really a wonderful state, I swear."

Ms. Madrid, I am sure it is. Mr. Eliseuson is just an anomaly. A bad actor among some very fine people. Wait....

Anyway, relax folks, I think Frosty the Klans man has been destroyed.

"Mark Eliseuson fashioned a pointed hood on his snowman's head, and attached a noose to its stick arm, prompting "appalled" neighbors to complain to the police. Although the Idahoan has since destroyed the snowman, it's not the first time he's rubbed people the wrong way." [Source]

"..For Frosty the snow man
Had to hurry on his way,
But he waved goodbye saying,
"Don't you cry,
I'll be back again some day."

I love the holidays! Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment