Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday cheer!!

You all are going to have to hang with me for a little bit. I am going all Willie Nelson on you and going "on the road again." I am off the plantation but thanks to modern technology I can still do my thing. For the next week or so my posts will just come at some odd times, that's all.

Anyway, tis the season of giving, so I hope that you all, like me, are in a giving mood. (Amex, you are welcome.) The Malls are packed and Internet traffic is crawling at a snail's pace because of all the online shopping. (Aren't we supposed to be in a recession?) I guess Santa doesn't care who is president; little Johnny better have a gift from him under the tree come Saturday morning.

I am in the holiday spirit, because, in spite of what the naysayers will try to tell you, things ain't looking so bad here in the land of the [some are]free. The lame duck congress ain't looking so lame; no terror attacks; (knock on wood) the housing market looks like it's picking up; the stock market is up; violent crime and teen pregnancies are down; the unemployment rate is still not good but holding steady, and FOX NEWS ratings are down by almost double digits. Life is good!

Santa, you don't have to bring me anything this Christmas, you have already delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment