Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Some things to hope for in the new year.


The new year isn't officially here yet, but I already have some things that I am hoping and wishing for in 2011:

I am hoping that governor Neil Abercombie of Hawaii will be successful in quieting these "birther" nut cases here in A-merry-ca, forever. Good luck with that Gov.; the mind of the wingnut does not work like us normal folks.

I am hoping that A-merry-cans will stop obsessing over "celebrities" in our culture and start paying more attention to the people who really matter in our society. We can start with folks like our parents, youth coaches, and teachers.

I am hoping that "7" will find true redemption on the football field, and that folks will shut up forever about his damn dogs.

And, speaking of Vick; here is hoping that wingnuts like Tucker Carlson find it in their Christian hearts to forgive.

"Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson followed the company's interesting tradition the other day by making one of the most distasteful and egregious comments in recent media history. Filling in for Sean Hannity, Carlson said that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick should have been executed for dogfighting.

"I'm a Christian, I've made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances," Carlson said. "But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should've been executed for that. He wasn't, but the idea that the President of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs? Kind of beyond the pale."


-Yes, and the idea that someone should be "executed" for killing a f&*^%$g dog is not?-

I am hoping that Ms. Thing gives black folks some shine on her new network. I mean how much more Rachael Rays and Doctor Phils can we take?

I am hoping that I am going to hear less of the word insurgents on the nightly news.

I am hoping that the authorities will find Jody Lynn Bennett. (No relation.) Tucker, who is worse? Jody Lynn Bennett, or Michael Vick?

"hand-held video game console and other items were stolen from the coffin of a teenager killed in a car crash on Christmas Day.
Jody Lynn Bennett, 38, of Mentcle, Pennsylvania, grabbed the items from the coffin of 17-year-old Bradley McCombs during a viewing on Monday night at a funeral home 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. State police have named the alleged suspect and said they were still searching for him this morning. "

Oh lawd!!

Finally, I wish that all of you Me-groes would stay out of A-merry-can politics. Charlie, Kwame, Larry, and Sheila; please don't let the door knob hit you where the good lord split you on your way out.






No comments:

Post a Comment