Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Haley, Rogerio, and the FCC.


*
Who says Haley doesn't have Negro friends? There he is, right there, with a Negro.

Anyway, I am going to leave Haley alone tonight. He is what he is: a good ole boy from another time who happens to be still with us, and who holds a considerable amount of power and admiration from his fellow southern whites; members of his conservative gang; and certain black apologist here in A-merry-ca. Yes, he made a racial gaffe, but it was only a gaffe because he said it publicly. We all know that what he thinks he says privately, like so many folks in the majority population, (present company excluded of course) is much worse.

Folks in the National media are already writing off this latest little verbal faux pas and they are saying that it should not have any effect on his 2012 run. (I don't know who I want to come out of the republi-clown primary more; Haley or Sarah.) Good luck with your run Haley, you will be just fine.

Hold up, did I read the following headline correctly?:

"MAN KILLS BRIDE, BEST MAN, SELF AT WEDDING."

Yes, I think I did.

"RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- A bridegroom fatally shot his new wife, his best man and then himself after announcing to horrified guests that he had a "surprise" for them, authorities said Monday.

Witnesses reported that 29-year-old Rogerio Damascena, a sales manager in Camaragibe, outside the northeastern Brazilian city of Recife, did not give any previous indication that anything was wrong at his wedding reception, police investigator Joao Brito said.
Brito would not speculate on a possible motive, saying family members were in shock and he had not interviewed them yet.

Brito did say the killings are believed to be premeditated because of the groom's announcement and because he had hidden a gun in his father's pickup truck.

Twenty-five-year-old bride Renata Alexandre Costa Coelho and best man Marcelo Guimaraes were both killed in Saturday's murder-suicide. A brother of the bride was treated at a hospital and released.

The website Globo.com quoted a sister of the bride who left before the shootings as saying she didn't believe it was a crime of passion.

"My sister was a wonderful person who loved and wanted to be loved," Lucia Helena Coelho was quoted as saying.

"He was happy, she was happy, the party was beautiful. His family adored her and doesn't understand this," Coelho told Globo.com. "He revealed himself as a sociopath who fooled the entire family and killed his best friend, who was ... the best man."'

Maybe the poor guy was a New York Giants fan.

Finally, I see that the FCC passed some form of "net neutrality" rules today. I am still not sure how I feel about this latest move on the part of the feds. I know that wingnuts are against it so it can't be all bad, but then there are some folks I respect who are on opposite sides of this particular issue.

I should really care more and do a better job of educating myself about this subject because I stay on the Internet. I have been sitting on the sidelines and letting other folks fight this particular battle because, quite frankly, a lot of this stuff goes right over my head. But I am getting better thanks to some really smart folks on this subject who keep me in the know.

Still, It looks like his O-ness and his people had some kind of compromise (What else is new?) and decided on the something is better than nothing approach.

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment