Friday, September 23, 2011

Funky Friday

When this series of posts started out a few years ago it was dedicated to the life of Funk.  But I have adapted it as I feel and not always for the purpose of pure Funk.

Sorry Bootsy.

Hey I grew to maturity in the 80s and you know it never rains in southern California right?  Gotta love the New Jack Swing too, right?

What?

Ummmmm New Jack Swing is more than Al B. Sure! and Bobby Brown
OK :0)

Geez.

AnyHowze, this Chaka and Rufus cut has nine lives and it is as fresh and funky today as it was when Rufus was still around.

The version below is from the movie "Breakin" - remember that from 1984?  Bet some of you still be Popping at parties like Ana 'Lollipop' Sánchez did in the movie, right?

Oh yeah, did I tell you I sat a couple of rows behind Chaka Kahn on an overnite trip from Atlanta to Joburg a few years ago?

True story.  And yeah her hair is big like that even after 17 hours on an airplane.

Jumma Mubarak!


"... I make my wish upon a star
and hope this night will last forever ..."

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment