Friday, June 18, 2010

"The first thing we do let's kill all the lawyers"

Isn't that what Ronnie Lee Gardner did? Kill his lawyer? So why did we have to take out poor Ronnie Lee like that? And, by firing squad no less. Wow, and here I thought I was living in the 21st century. Silly me.

Although, some things do point to the fact that we are living in a new age: Turns out the Utah AG actually tweeted about those three snipers sending a few bullets to Ronnie's heart. Nice.

"Shurtleff's next tweet announced: "We will be streaming live my press conference as soon as I'm told Gardner is dead. Watch it at www.attorneygeneral.Utah.gov/live.html."
[
'The silence was deafening': A first-person eyewitness account of the execution]
But even without a Twitter-happy A.G., death by firing squad draws media attention, given its infrequency and seeming archaism. And there's the inevitable question: Firing squads still exist in the United States? "


You have got to love those folks in Utah. I wonder what Joseph Smith would think about all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment