Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's talk!


I don't like this war in Afghanistan, and I have made my feelings clear about that campaign for some time now. No one has won a war over there since Genghis Khan.- And forgive me for sounding a bit unpatriotic, but I don't see that trend changing anytime soon. As was the case with the Iraqi war, no good will come of it. But his O ness campaigned on a promise to prolong it and chase down al-Qeada over there. Sadly, it seems that this promise,unlike others, cannot be broken.

Having said that, I have to wonder about my man Stanley McChrystal. Talk about a loose cannon. (no pun intended) my man sat down with "Roiling Stone Magazine" and caught a serious case of diarrhea of the mouth. This, at a time, -to stay with the diarrhea analogy- when we are running out of toilet paper.

"Are you asking about Vice President Biden?" McChrystal says with a laugh. 'Who's that?"
'Biden?' suggests a top adviser. 'Did you say: Bite Me?"'

That is just one example of the mouthy general and his crew letting it all hang out.

Of course, I am sure that none of us were surprised to hear that O is not a happy camper, and he has summoned the good general to the White House for an old fashioned sit down. (I wish I could be a fly on that wall. ) As to be expected, the wingnuts are not pleased. ("How dare that nig....Obama call a four star general on the carpet like that as if he really is the HNIC..")

'“I found that time painful,” McChrystal says. “I was selling an unsellable position.”
An unnamed adviser to McChrystal alleges the general came away unimpressed after a meeting with Obama in the Oval Office a year ago.
“It was a 10-minute photo op,” the general’s adviser says.
“Obama clearly didn?t know anything about him, who he was… he didn’t seem very engaged."'

Really Stanley? And yet he gave you damn near everything you wanted in Afghanistan. Even after you tarnished the memory of a true patriot with your bullshit. (Breathe field; breathe...)

I don't know what O will do. I am guessing he keeps the guy. That's his style. Keep the status quo. Don't upset the apple cart.

"I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome.”

Apology accepted. Now let's go and wait for more coffins to come into Dover.






No comments:

Post a Comment